Last week I created a sketch in p5. Sadly I didn’t get to finish the drawing. My drawing was of a V-Buck from the game Fortnite. The most complicated part of my drawing was figuring out how to create arcs. In order to make them its a mixture of algebra, and geometry. It is extremely confusing and aggravating to create. I ended up spending more time trying to figure out how to use them instead of figuring out what my function is going to do. If I had more time to code the drawing I would probably spend more time trying to fully understand how to correctly use arcs.Learn More
My favorite project I completed in Arduino to IOT was when I made my “Finger Print Scanner”. The prompt was to make my LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)screen say it was scanning your finger print when someone held the FSR(Force Sensitive Resistor). When I first got the LCD screen I had no idea what it was, so I first had to figure out how to use it. Once I learned how to use it I watched multiple videos on how to use a FSR with the LCD. One problem I ran into many times was when my Arduino setup matched the photo I was copying off of and it wasn’t working. It came to the point of me taking all my wires out of my Arduino and restarting. Twice. After the second time of restarting (and Dishon helping) it finally worked. It was a extremely fun but challenging project.Learn More
In my game I teamed up with my partner named Sam and we made a amazing game called Bob Ross doing everyday Bob Ross things. The point of the game was for the smaller Bob Ross to attack the other sprites. So we decided to make the game because we both thought we should make a game about Bob Ross in some way. So we decided that I would do the art portion and he would do the coding. For the art I mostly just took pictures we liked off the internet and just sent them to him. The link for our game is below.
How my game was supposed to work is you would start on a sheet of music and you have to move the piano notes to the correct slots on the sheet music. The game didn’t work because I didn’t have enough time to finish and the worst things that could happen did. First my original idea didn’t work cause I made the sprite wrong. Then I thought that I could have more success if I changed my idea but then I realized too late that I wouldn’t have enough time to make the game so it kinda blew up in my face. I took this experience as a chance to learn not as failure.
For my maze project I had a difficult but interesting time. First I drew out my first maze on paper. Once I finished drawing I took a picture and downloaded it on to the computer, opened the picture in Inkscape and traced the picture. After I finished tracing I realized that I did not like how it looked SO I made another one without tracing. Some problems I had were having to go back and making all of the lines angled to path. I still enjoyed making itLearn More
In Inkscape I made a notepad. After thinking about many designs I saw a notepad on the agenda board and decided to make that. The first thing I did was activate the snap grid. Then I used the pen tool. I enjoyed making it. If there was anything that I could do differently is try using more tools.Learn More